Monday, June 6, 2011

Easter 7A / Ascension  (June 5, 2011)

I'm a little 'after the fact' this week, but had been mulling it over in my mind for several days and feel it's still worth posting. In considering the texts from Acts 1 and 1 Peter I am in debt to Fr. Rick Morley's a garden path blog. I was already 'seeing' the cloud in my mind and considering various perspectives that it was a fulcrum (of sorts) for.

And a whole lot of song lyrics were floating about in that consideration. 


flying to Boise, ID 2009 


Sunset at 35,000 feet

Music lyrics by Lady Gaga (Edge of Glory) started off Rick's blog; I had been thinking in terms of Joni Mitchell's Both Sides Now. (Is my generation showing?) For some reason the old Ray Coniff Singers cover of I'll Be Seeing You (I was VERY young when my parents were playing that LP!) came to mind as a nostalgic view of Jesus' ascension which spun off to a more realistic imagining the disciples paraphrasing The Clash: Will you stay or will you go?


Western PA

But the cloud isn't the main thing; the main thing is the presence and glory of God in Jesus and promised in the gift of Spirit.




at 45,000 feet over the Atlantic

Where is it that you most easily 'see' God's glory?

Bethany Beach, DE

What does the experience feel like?

Bethany Beach, DE

How do we share that glory and presence with others?

No comments:

Post a Comment