Friday, December 31, 2010

Epiphany Sunday, Year A (Jan. 2, 2011)
Epiphany, Revelation, or the big 'AHA!!!!' moment .... however you think of it, you are expecting something to do with magi and a star, right?

And you'd be right if I were primarily attuned to the Greek texts, but since I am more at home with Hebrew, I was looking at Isaiah 60:1-7 (prompted by thoughts voiced in Feasting on the Word, I am extending to include v.7). So I'm considering light in it's various (and most glorious) forms.

Thursday, after much dreary gray, a dazzling sunset broke forth (as in 'Break Forth, O Beauteous, Heavenly Light) and I just happened (as I often do) to have my camera. I realized that sunset is an ending of the sunlight for the day ... but the very hope that it will indeed rise again tomorrow morning is a hope built on God's promises and providence. How are you reveling in the glory of the Light? How does your life reflect it to others in a way that creates an 'AHA!!!!' moment for them?


Looking east across Uniontown, PA at the cross atop Jumonville UMC Camp

The Summit on Historic Rt 40 east of Uniontown, PA


Sunset over Hibbs -- the puff of smoke is from the power plant across the river from Masontown

view from the back of New Salem PC

No comments:

Post a Comment